Monday, June 7, 2010

Band of Horses, Infinite Arms


Hey there everyone.  It's been a long couple of weeks around here, but luckily during this time there have been many albums released.  Over the next few days, I am going to post about them.  These are ones that most of you have heard already, but maybe someone hasn't.  Just humor me and enjoy.


The new Band of Horses album, Infinite Arms, is not a masterpiece by any means, but Ben Bridwell and the new line-up's third effort is definitely a fun one for summer.  The album leaves a lot to be desired lyrically and the band's sound continues to grow from their early sonic anthems to jangly 70s rock/pop easy-listening.  It is a perfect soundtrack for your next summer cookout -- a true crowd pleaser.  It slows down a little bit in the middle, but ends strong.  One of my favorite tracks, "Older", is linked below.  


Well, there it is guys and gals -- I just busted my posting slump.  I am easing back into things seeing that I haven't really been on the cutting edge as of late, but at least we are both back in action!


Older

No comments:

Post a Comment