Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Head and the Heart, Self-Titled


EB and I went to see Dr. Dog at Minglewood Hall here in Memphis this month and I decided to give the two opening bands a preview before we went to the show.  What I discovered was that Dr. Dog chooses great openers.  Buried Beds was the first opener and they were pretty entertaining.  The Head and the Heart followed them and they were really good.  They had more fans in the crowd singing every word than I would have ever imagined.  I was sick as a dog and they even had me getting into their show.  They call Seattle home and are making a name for themselves with a sound full of harmonies, bouncy pianos, downhill drums, and sing-a-longs a plenty.  This would appeal to those that enjoy The Avetts, Blind Pilot, Dawes and any sounds that are easy on the ears.  I strongly recommend the entire album available for download by clicking here.  I had a difficult time deciding on just two tracks to post as a preview below, but here they are...


2 comments:

  1. Glad you boys are back to blogging! I'm digging The Head and The Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you're back too! My life hasn't quite been the same without yagn. I also love the head and heart track cats and dogs, solid. gold.

    ReplyDelete