Saturday, December 26, 2009

Ben's Best Albums of 2009: Recap and Honorable Mentions



I hope that you all had a very Merry Christmas!  I thought that it might be a good idea to recap my best albums of 2009 in an easy to read list.  I hope that you enjoyed the countdown and found some new music.  I would love to hear your comments and thoughts on the list and also albums that were your favorites in 2009 that didn't make my top 10.  In the meantime, here is the recap...


Honorable Mentions of 2009

There were many great albums this year that didn't find a spot in my Top 10 for some reason or another.  Below are some of my favorite that just missed the list.

Bon Iver, Blood Bank EP - This one did not make the list because it was an EP, but it is great nonetheless.



Passion Pit, Manners - The debut from this Cambridge, MA electronic/pop-rock band might be the most fun album released this year.

Passion Pit - Little Secrets


Yim Yames, Tribute To EP - This EP of covers from My Morning Jacket frontman Jim James is a fitting tribute to the late George Harrison.  The only thing is that it is another EP, so no spot for it on the list.



Fanfarlo, Reservoir - I just happened upon this album from this London-based indie group while fooling around on the internet one day.  Their sound brings to mind Arcade Fire and Beirut.  It is definitely worth a listen.



Various Artists, Dark Was The Night - This compilation boasts contributions from many noteworthy bands and features duets with some great artists.  Compilations did not count in this list, so it is sadly relegated to merely an honorable mention.


No comments:

Post a Comment