Monday, December 14, 2009

Ben's Best Albums of 2009: Number 10

Starting today, our best albums of 2009 will be posted daily counting down from number 10. I hope that you enjoy what you see. If you do, please go and buy the album. Enjoy and your comments are very welcome.

10. Blind Pilot, 3 Rounds and a Sound



A friend mentioned Blind Pilot to me many months ago and even played a song for me over the telephone, but I didn’t really pay any mind to the band. That was until I downloaded a track off of the album from another blog and quickly become hooked. Israel Nebeker’s vocals are crystal clear and the harmonies are spot on. The Portland, Oregon band is even better live and sound just as clear as they do in the studio (I threw a live track in there as a special treat).



An interesting aside, Nebeker and drummer Ryan Dobrowski received a good bit of press in 2008 for a bicycle tour from Bellingham, Washington to San Diego, California with their instruments in tow.  My dad actually mentioned this to me one day after he heard an interview with them on public radio.  Following the bicycle tour, the two mainstays added a few new members to the band and you should definitely check them out live if given the chance.

Blind Pilot - 3 Rounds and a Sound


Blind Pilot - I Buried a Bone (Live at The Vollrath Tavern)

1 comment:

  1. I'm looking forward to these. I hope you guys do a better job than Paste did with their albums of the decade... Amy Winehouse? Is that a joke?

    ReplyDelete