Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Scott's Top 10 Albums of 2009: Number 10

Before I get into my albums of the year, I want to lay out a couple of ground rules I used when selecting my list. I decided that EP's, Reissues and Compilations would not be featured, so great selections like Bon Iver's "Blood Bank" EP and the outstanding "Dark Was the Night" compilation were nixed for the purposes of this list. This was such a tough list to finalize, and I have several on my honorable mention list, but I finally was able to decide on the 10 albums that I find myself continually going back to (my main criteria). So without any further ado, here's my list!

10. Real Estate - Real Estate

Maybe it's the recency effect, but Real Estate's self titled debut (released less than a month ago) has caught my ear and been a real go to for me in the past month. The lo-fi, "beachy" sounds of Real Estate provide the perfect soundtrack for a lazy afternoon. Their first release on Woodsist Records (Jana Hunter, Wavves, Vivian Girls), Real Estate is 39 minutes of perfect lo-fi pop. Buy this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment