Thursday, December 3, 2009

Hurray For The Riff Raff




At first I was a little hesitant to check out this band from the Big Easy, but I don't know why. They have all of the necessary ingredients for a band that I would enjoy -

Banjo, check.
Accordion, check.
Horns, check.
Violin, check.

Luckily, Daytrotter convinced me to give a listen and boy, am I glad that I did. Along with the instruments listed above, Alynda Lee Segarra's voice perfectly fits their 'mixture of Appalachian old time and minor key waltzes, without losing the grittiness of diy folk.'

If that description from their Facebook page doesn't have your ears aching to listen to them, do yourself a favor and check out their Myspace page for additional songs. Also, I have linked to two songs from their Daytrotter Session. Go to http://daytrotter.com to snag the wonderful live session in its entirety.

Downloads:
    

No comments:

Post a Comment